New-Critical Illness Leave Request Fillable Form, eff. 9-1-23
Critical Illness days are granted on a case-by-case basis and will not be processed until the necessary documentation is received. Examples of critical illness include hospitalization due to an emergent situation, surgeries/ emergency procedures requiring general anesthesia, and not elective and end-of-life care. The Human Resources Department will utilize a criteria to determine the amount of time allowed for each of the examples listed above. Please note that sick days may be utilized as per BOE Policy.
- Employee enters the requested days in Absence Management (aka AESOP) as a sick or personal day(s).
- Employee completes form and signs.
- Employee attaches supporting documentation for the requested leave.
- Immediate Supervisor completes and signs.
- Once completed, form is sent to Melina Ardizzone, Confidential - Secretary - HR Staff Registrar, or email email@example.com.
- If approved, the Human Resources Department will update your attendance record to reflect the day(s) and notify you.