Before/After School Care Information
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL CARE INFORMATION
The Before School Care Program (located at Milford Brook School) is supervised by the Manalapan-Englishtown Regional Schools. All staff will be employees of the district. For additional information, please refer to the district website at www.mersnj.us. The Before School Care Program is located at Milford Brook School.
HOURS: AM ONLY 7:00 AM – 9:20 AM
EMERGENCY CLOSING PROCEDURES:
- If the school is closed for inclement weather, there is NO Before Care.
- If the school has a delayed opening, then the Before Care Program will open at 9:30 AM.
- All children will be dropped off at the front entrance of the building. Please ring the “night” bell. Parents/Guardians must enter the building and sign their children in to Before Care. The district will, to the best of its ability, attempt to clear the driveway and the walkway to the front entrance before the 9:30 AM opening of the program.
- If it becomes apparent that the district is unable to meet its obligation to clean the driveway and walkway of snow, the decision to open the Before Care Program will be re-evaluated and, at some point, this procedure might be changed.
AFTERCARE OPTIONS AND OTHER BEFORE CARE OPTIONS
The following information is provided so that you are aware of other Before Care options and After Care options available to you.
The following private schools are within your home school area, and we can provide transportation to and from the John I. Dawes Early Learning Center. Babysitting requests need to be for 5 consecutive days. Each child is only assigned one seat on a bus for the morning and afternoon. If you choose this option you must complete the Manalapan Englishtown Regional School District Childcare Request Form.
School Name, Address & Telephone Age Serviced Schools Serviced
- ABC Spectrum, 78 Millhurst Rd., (732)446-4747 PreK & Kindergarten ELC & WB
- Goddard, 22 Wilson Ave., (732)446-5155 PreK – 2nd TM, CM, MB & ELC
- Ivy League, 140 Gordons Corner Rd., (732)446-7035 PreK – 5th TM, CM, ELC, MB
- Jennifer Palmer, 149 Iron Ore Rd. All Ages MEMS, PB, WB & ELC
- Manalapan Montessori, 100 Bridge Plaza, (732)536-8181 PreK – 5th MB & ELC
- Learning Experience, 65 Rte. 33, (732)462-0015 PreK - 1st WB & ELC
- Village Montessori, 203 Taylor Mills Rd., (732)845-4552 PreK - 2nd ELC & LM
- Kickin It, 337 Iron Ore Rd., (732)446-3636 PreK - 8th MEMS, PB, WB & ELC
- Lightbridge Academy, Harmon Mall (732)972-1400 PreK - 3rd ELC, LM & TM
- Sons of Israel, Gordons Corner Rd., (732)446-3000 PreK - 1st CM, TM & ELC
- Temple Shaari Emeith, 400 Craig Rd., (732)462-7744 PreK & Kindergarten ELC & LM
- The YMCA of Western Monmouth County has requested and been allotted space to run an independent After Care program in the district. If the YMCA has determined that there are a sufficient number of students in the John I. Dawes Early Learning Center, your children will be escorted to/from the program from/to their classroom to attend their After Care program – if you choose to register them through the YMCA. For information about the YMCA After-Care program, contact (732)462-0464.
EMERGENCY CLOSING PROCEDURES FOR BEFORE SCHOOL CARE (Located at Milford Brook School)
- If school is closed for inclement weather, there is NO Before School Care.
- If school has an early unscheduled dismissal due to inclement weather, please check with your individual after-care provider for for their procedures. Please make certain that your child’s school and your child are aware of alternate arrangements for early dismissal.
John I. Dawes Early Learning Center
38 Gordons Corner Road
Manalapan, NJ 07726