Before and Aftercare Options
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL CARE INFORMATION
MILFORD BROOK BEFORE SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM
The Before School Care Program is supervised by the Manalapan-Englishtown Regional Schools. All staff will be employees of the district. For additional information, please refer to the district website at www.mersnj.us.
HOURS: AM ONLY 7:00 AM – 9:20 AM
EMERGENCY CLOSING PROCEDURES:
- If the school isclosed for inclement weather, there is NO Before Care.
- If the school has a delayed opening, then the Milford Brook Before Care Program will open at 9:30 AM.
- All children will be dropped off at the front entrance of the building. Please ring the “night” bell. Parents/Guardians must enter the building and sign their children in to Before Care. The district will, to the best of its ability, attempt to clear the driveway and the walkway to the front entrance before the 9:30 AM opening of the program.
- If it becomes apparent that the district is unable to meet its obligation to clean the driveway and walkway of snow, the decision to open the Milford Brook Before Care Program will be re-evaluated and, at some point, this procedure might be changed.
AFTERCARE OPTIONS AND OTHER BEFORE CARE OPTIONS
The following information is provided so that you are aware of other before care options and after care options available to you.
The following private schools are within your home school area, and we can provide transportation to and from the Milford Brook School. Babysitting requests need to be for 5 consecutive days. Each child is only assigned one seat on a bus for the morning and afternoon. If you choose this option you must complete the Manalapan Englishtown Regional School District Childcare Request Form. Please note that links to the registration packet/form for Ivy League are posted HERE and by clicking on the name of the school listed below.
School Name, Address & Telephone Age Serviced Schools Serviced
- Goddard, 22 Wilson Ave., (732)446-5155 PreK – 2nd TM, CM, MB & ELC
- Ivy League, 140 Gordons Corner Rd., (732)446-7035 PreK – 6th TM, CM, ELC, MB, PB
- Manalapan Montessori, 100 Bridge Plaza, (732)536-8181 PreK – 5th MB & ELC
- Yellow Duck, 139 Pine Brook Rd., (732)446-4700 Kind – 1st (with school approval) MB
- The YMCA of Western Monmouth County has requested and been allotted space to run an independent After Care program in the district. If the YMCA has determined that there are a sufficient number of students in Milford Brook, your children will be escorted to/from the program from/to their classroom to attend their After Care program – if you choose to register them through the YMCA. For information about the YMCA After-Care program, contact (732)462-0464.
EMERGENCY CLOSING PROCEDURES FOR MILFORD BROOK BEFORE SCHOOL CARE
- If school is closed for inclement weather, there is NO MB Before School Care.
- If school has a delayed opening for inclement weather, there is NO MB Before School Care.
- If school has an early unscheduled dismissal due to inclement weather, please check with your individual after-care provider for their procedures. Please make certain that your child’s school and your child are aware of alternate arrangements for early dismissal.