Optional Family Math Challenge
Math Challenge Website:
Click here to submit your answers for the Math Challenge: (log in with your MERS student account):
Calendar for Challenges:
Math Challenge 21-22
Contact information for Math Challenge: Melina Ardizzone- firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our bi-monthly math challenges which cover problem solving strategies such as drawing a picture or model, making an organized list, looking for a pattern, working backwards, and guess and check.
Each challenge presents 10 to 18 problems ordered by level of diffoculty which enables students from various grade levels to participate. Please try your best and have fun!
This Math Challenge program is designed for the whole family to work together to solve the problems. We encourage parents to help their children.
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students in grades 1-5 are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on the math challenge webpage.
How to Participate
- Print or view the current challenge paper from this page.
- Solve as many problems as you can and ask for help if you need it. We encourage you to discuss your strategies and solutions with your parents and siblings.
- Submit your solutions on the google form. Link: You can only submit 1 form per family.
- Winners will be announced the following week on CMTV. Students are randomly selected for completing each challenge. Students are NOT selected based on their scores.
- Students who submit at least 12 sets of completed challenges this school year will be recognized at the end of the school year.
Please click HERE for a list of dates for each contest as well as when solutions will be released.