Grades 1-5- Math Challenge - Optional-*Check for challenges, answer keys, & google form
Click here to submit your answers - You will self-check your answers.
Join our bi-monthly math challenges which cover problem solving strategies such as drawing a picture or model, making an organized list, looking for a pattern, working backward, and guess and check.
Each challenge presents 10 to 18 problems. The first half of the problems are suitable for younger students (K to 3). The math problems will increase in level of difficulty as students go along.
*Students in grade K-1 are only required to submit solution of 3 -7 problems, students in grade 2-3 are only required to submit solution of 6-9 problems, and students in grade 4-5 are required to submit 8-14 problems.
Each Math Challenge will indicate the minimum number of correct solutions for each level.
This Math Challenge program is designed for the whole family to work together to solve the problems. We encourage parents to help their kids.
- Math Challenge is free and no-sign up is necessary.
- All students in grades 1-5 are invited to participate.
- There will be 15 challenges throughout the school year.
- Refer to the Calendar for dates on when the challenges and their solutions will be available on this webpage.
How to Participate
- Print the current challenge paper from this page or work on scrap paper.
- Solve as many problems as you can and ask your family for help if you need it. We encourage you to discuss your strategies and solutions with your parents and siblings. *1 per family
- Record your answers to self-correct.
- Submit your solutions on the google form.
- Make sure your Name, Grade and Teacher are on your submission.
- There will be grade-level (1, 2-3, 4-5, and AT) prize winners chosen randomly for participation.
- Students who submit all completed challenges this school year will be recognized at the end of the school year.