THE MILFORD BROOK BEFORE CARE PROGRAM
The Milford Brook Before Care Program was instituted in 2009 to accommodate families from Milford Brook and the ELC who were impacted by the restructuring of the district and the reorganization of the bus routes which set the school start times at 9:20 AM.
To accommodate working parents of these schools, the Board of Education approved for the Before School Program to be available at a significantly lower cost than what is currently being offered in the district. In addition, a special discounted cost for any additional children from one family is available, along with a discounted rate for parents/guardians who wish to drop their child off at a later time.
Please download the application from our website to register and obtain more detailed information regarding the Before School Program at Milford Brook.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Milford Brook Main Office at (732)786-2780 or the Manalapan-Englishtown Regional Business Office at (732) 786-2517.
How is Before Care impacted by inclement weather delays or closings?
Before Care – As per the student handbook (page 3) and this letter (click here) from the Superintendent:
- If the school is closed for inclement weather, there is NO Before Care.
- If the school has a delayed opening, then the Milford Brook Before Care Program will open at 9:30 AM.
- All children will be dropped off at the front entrance to the building on these delayed opening days. Please ring the “night bell.” Parents must enter the building and sign their child in to Before Care.
- The district, to the best of its ability, will attempt to clear the driveway and walkway to the front entrance of the building before the 9:30 AM opening of the program.
- If it becomes apparent that the district is unable to meet its obligation to clean the driveway and walkway of snow/ice, the decision to open the MB Before Care program will be re-evaluated and, at some point, this procedure may be changed.